Excellent for mental, emotional, and physical releasing and cleansing. Works on mind/emotions to see overview, emotional balance, patience. Like the moon's energy, it has gentle, cool, smoothing effect. Thus it reduces inflamation, fever, nervous system stress. Best with the gentler, cooler-colored gems. Works with pituitary and upper energy centers. Generally Yin. Wear the metal that you feel attracted to. H:2.5-3; CTR:6,7.
Silver sometimes occurs naturally in a native form such specimens are rare, and usually composed of intertwined wires. When it is freshly exposed, silver has a bright metallic luster, but once weathered it tarnishes to a matt black finish. It also have a silver white streak. Silver is one of the first metals to have been extracted and worked by man and has been used in jewelry ever since. When photographic films were first invented, silver which is very light sensitive was one of the primary ingredients. Consequently, there was a great demand for it and its value rose significantly. It is often associated with quartz, as well as with various minerals that contain, copper, lead, cobalt, and arsenic.
||Silver, black when weathered
||2.5 - 3
||Isometric and Opaque
||10 - 12 depending on purity
||Michigan and Arizona, USA, Cobalt, Ontario, Chile, and Germany.
||Isis, Diana, Luna, Selene, Lucina; all Moon and Night Goddesses
||Emerald, Pearl, Jade, Lapis Lazuli
||Love, psychism, invocation, dreams, peace, protection, money, travel
- Wear to attract love.
- Don't wear during full moon to avoid wrought or strong emotional overwhelming.
- Influences psychic awareness.
- Scry with silver on Full Moon for open reception of psychic energy.
- Sleeping while wearing silver will induce psychic dreams.
- Calms nervous energy or anger.
- Used for protection against negativity.
- Worn to keep thoughts and moods in line.
- Potent for guarding against dangers, especially when traveling over water.
- Utilise for money drawing magick.